We typically meet people in town at a mutually agreed upon location and guide you to Topaz gulch.
Sports cars and cars with extremely low ground clearance are not recommended to bring to the ranch.
- Never collect in state or national parks.
- Respect Private property; don't trespass, or cross fences.
- If invited to collect on private land, leave gates the way you found them.
- Be mindful of traffic and property line if collecting at roadcuts.
- Collect only rocks (not cacti or other plants).
- Wear sturdy boots, long pants and gloves.
- Bring plenty of water; wear a hat; and use sunscreen.
- Watch for rattlesnakes and scorpions.
- Fill in your holes and pack out all of your trash.
- Wire mesh screen sifter (1/4 inch mesh) Typically 18"x14"
- Cell phone (coverage limited to AT&T, no coverage for other carriers).
Mason Chamber of Commerce Link
Bluebonnets in Mason County
White Topaz with impurities from Seaquist Ranch
White Topaz from Seaquist Ranch